Monday, January 31, 2011

Musings on a Monday #2: The Wrong Soulmate

I have this fear -- probably irrational -- of ending up with the wrong soulmate. And not just for me (I know I'm too young to really be thinking of soulmates) but for everyone.
Sweet Home Alabama
The Notebook
It's always the chick flicks that have someone stand up at a wedding when the guy says, "Speak now or forever hold your peace," (as if people actually do that in real life) or have someone sprinting to the airport at the last minute to profess his or her love (which could never work in reality, especially with the TSA as an obstacle) -- it's these movies that get me to cry the most. Not when someone dies or when estranged family members are reunited (though I of course cry during these moments too) but when someone is missing out on the love of their life.
The Office
Because you know it and I know it -- that these two people are destined to be together -- but it takes them so long to figure it out for themselves, and you and I are just dying, DYING, for them to switch on that lightbulb in their brains and realize it!
When Harry Met Sally
13 Going on 30
And of course, sometimes this fear projects itself onto me. And yes, I'm only 19 and I don't plan on getting married anytime soon, if ever, but I still believe wholeheartedly in soulmates (though maybe not a totally "normal" definiton of the term).
Made of Honor
So when I watch these movies, I get anxious. But I loveloveLOVE watching them anyway!

If you didn't read this post, for whatever reason (it's okay! I understand!) at least WATCH THIS:

happy monday!

love and right triangles,
april

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails