Thursday, September 9, 2010

I really can't wrap my head around how busy I am

But I am really fracking busy.

On Tuesday, I:
woke up at 5AM, 
went to work from 6:00 - 9:00, 
went to class from 9:30 - 10:20,
went to the post office to ship an etsy order,
went back to work from 11:00 - 1:00,
went to class from 1:00 - 4:50,
ate some food,
went to a meeting from 5:30 - 6:00,
.....passed out.....
woke up,
worked out,
took a shower,
did homework,
got extremely distracted by Google's mysterious homepage
and then passed out again.

This morning, I managed to put together an outfit! With one handmade item for Self-Stitched September!
you should see my room...it's like a barf of color, just like my outfits
i'm still working on finding the perfect outfit photo location that doesn't attract awkward stares
for now, my room will do
yes, you see three beds in my room. and yes, my two roommates are guys.

If you notice, my hair is curly.
Wanna see what it looked like pre-bedtime last night? (Nod with me: yes, April, yes I do.)
twisty bun insanity
After learning about this hair-curling technique...ten years ago...from one of my American Girl books (specifically, it was from Molly, who curled her hair like this for a patriotic dance show).
Basically, you just section your hair up and twist each section until it spirals like crazy, and then you proceed to bobby pin the hell out of it. Then you sleep, and in the morning, you intensely hunt for the millions of bobby pins in your head that somehow did not poke holes in your scalp during the night, take out said bobby pins, and finger-comb your hair. Serum and/or pomade would probably help, but I lack these ingredients because my hair is kinda lame and fun products do not add nor detract from it. Plus, they tend to be expensive.

NOW let's talk about my rainboots.
yellow shiny plastic goodness
I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for rain, which is ridiculous because I go to school in Providence where it rains basically every other day. And this morning it was supposed to rain, just like any Wednesday. BUT IT DIDN'T. WEATHER.COM YOU LIED. So I wore these ridiculous humongous shiny yellow boots which I'm sure is why everyone was staring at me this morning for no apparent reason, which I'm sure is why everyone was staring at me. Plus, it was like, 80 degrees. 

But despite their tackyness, I love them. Because I generally love tacky things, especially if they are yellow and shiny and waterproof. So now I await a real rainy day.

And thank you to everyone who stayed with me through my rough break-up with Ex-Blog - you're true friends! Thanks for pigging out on Ben and Jerry's from the carton with me!

outfit details:
handmade/diy skirt, bloodsweat&tears (kidding!)
Target tights, $2
Target tank, $2
borrowed Heritage 1981 cardigan, free
F21 belt, $2
Sperry Top-Sider boots, $50
necklace inherited from nana, free

love and right triangles,
april

PS: If you read this whole post, you deserve a prize. Like a high-five or something.
HIGH FIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails