Tuesday, February 22, 2011

President's Day with the President

Okay, okay, so maybe I didn't "hang out" with Mr. Obama but I was nearby!
Yep, that's right. As this horribly blurry photo shows you, I was in Washington, D.C. for the long weekend!
 
 We ate lots and lots of delicious food. Like burgers at Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington, VA. I highly highly highly recommend. It was delicious. I was in a food coma for days.
Said food coma was also due to the ridiculous number of Georgetown Cupcakes I ate. I may or may not have consumed seven cupcakes in three days.  
 Sittin' on a bench at Georgetown University, eatin' DELICIOUS Georgetown Cupcakes is, like, a new tradition for us.
 [outfit details: Aldo canvas sneaks, Target knee socks, thrifted blazer, diy tank, Target shorts, Forever 21 earrings, random record store in Saratoga Springs, NY crazy 80s "8-bit" sunglasses]
 So many cupcakes! They were cupcake-gasmic. YOU NEED TO PURCHASE ONE DOZEN AND EAT THEM ALL. Please. Go to Georgetown. BUY CUPCAKES. YOU WILL NEVER THINK OF CUPCAKES THE SAME WAY AGAIN. I PROMISE.
 I suppose we didn't do much typical DC stuff. This is the only picture of a monument I got, and we were just walking back to my friend's dorm - we didn't even go to any monuments! Which is kinda sad, because they're awesome, especially at night.
We did however, go shopping :) And OBAMA was dressed in American Apparel in their window display. Bizarro?! Disturbing?! Hilarious?! Ridiculous!? All of the above?? Yes. Well, at least he's lookin' fly. 
[outfit details: selfmade dress, Forever21 leggings, Aldo canvas sneaks, thrifted blazer, Forever21 belt]
Be prepared to see this blazer a lot. I'm a fan. :)

And back to school we go! We not only had Monday off, but we also had Tuesday off, so this week is fantastically short and also pretty light on work. Must apply to summer internships! Blahhhh

love and right triangles,
april

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails