Sunday, October 3, 2010

rock it out at the roller derby

Last night I went to a roller derby competition downtown and it was probably the coolest thing I have ever done.
iphone pic
 Roller Derby girls are awesome. They're badass and they can skate and they can ROCK metallic tights and bootay shorts. If you've never been to a roller derby...DO IT. It is awesome. It makes me want to watch Whip It...which is now next in my Netflix Queue :)

During halftime, this band played - the Extraordinary Rendition Band (ERB) - and they were hilarious. The most random group of people you could ever imagine, all in one band together.
another iphone pic
 In honor of this epic event, I tried to get inspired by roller derby fashion. Like, 40s-pinup-meets-50s-rockabilly-meets-badass-meets-sporty? Well...I tried.
I bought this awesome sequin full skirt at Forever 21 on Friday (on my end-of-shopping-ban-mall-spree)

I would wear this skirt forever. Except not because my forearms are now all scratched up and I suspect the sequins are the guilty party. Damn you, sequins! 
 I opted for lace tights instead of fishnets because I am incapable of making fishnets look classy. Oh well. (PS I need new lace tights - recommendations?)

draw what you wear: day 2
Does anyone want to participate in Draw What You Wear month with me!? Feel free to join me! :D

love and right triangles,
april

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER (i'm kinda addicted now)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails