Friday, October 8, 2010

find me in new york

I grew up in Upstate New York and I go to school in Rhode Island, but where I really want to be is New York City. I have no doubts about this.

So naturally, when the opportunity to take a cheap day trip to NYC came up, I was ALL OVA DAT. The art department at my school chartered a bus and you could either follow the group to the MoMA and Chelsea Market and various small galleries in Chelsea (which does sound like a great day), or you could do whatever the hell ya wanted, which is what I did, duh. :)

So first, I got dropped off at the Met. Beautiful museum. The MoMA is my absolute FAVORITE but I've been there so many times, and I'd only been to the Met once before. And the first time, I was underwhelmed. Or perhaps overwhelmed by the bajillions of rooms and galleries and time periods and global regions they cover. But I took it slow, my new baby Canon Rebel in tow and ENJOYED. The Met, you and I are in a torrid, cheap-motel affair, mmkay?
The bus was picking us up in Chelsea, so I had 7 hours to wander around the Met and get to Chelsea. I walked down Fifth avenue and across to the Chelsea, taking my sweet time and snapping pics and intensely shopping and taking in the amazing New York energy that I SO DESIRE TO BE A PART OF.

After fantastic shopping, passing at least 4 H&M's on the way down, I made it to Chelsea :) Which is probably my favorite neighborhood in Manhattan. Can I live there pleaseeee?

Anyway, more photos to come - remember Photography Phriday? :)

Due to having to leave very early in the morning, I was able to snap pictures in the bathroom since the entire sane universe is sleeping during the wee hours of the morning.


I downloaded a free trial of ColorSchemer to play around with color combinations, which led me to this, which I really adore.
taken in a random stairwell at the Met

Have any of you been drawing what you're wearing? If you are, I wanna seeee! showmeshowme!

love and right triangles,
april

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails